Nov 12, 2011

I Love Bobbers!

What is a bobber? it's basically a cruiser with rear fender "bobbed" and parts removed to make it lighter and smaller.

Wikipedia: 
"The bobber was the earliest simple and stripped down custom motorcycle hand-built by individuals with mechanical skills and often part of the early biker clubs scene before there were any such thing as chopper. It is a style of custom motorcycle which took shape in the 1940s and 50s, generally thought to have been started by returning WW II American servicemen working on ex-military motorcycles and inspired by lighter European motorcycles they had seen and ridden.
The bikes reflected their owners and were often homemade but today there are many companies that create such vehicles. The style has also influenced motorcycle manufacturers such as Harley-Davidson.
The style continues to be favored by some to this day. Hybrid styles have emerged such as as a "bobber chopper" and retro-bobber."

Bobber is one of the type of bike I like. I love the simple, clean and industrial feel of it. If I get my bike, I'll definitely go for bobber style with some mix of naked bike feel to it. Here goes some of the bobbers I've found in various website like bikeexif, motorcycle-usa, bubble visor, pipe burn and some other sites. Enjoys.


























5 comments:

  1. Wow unbelievable. Absolutely fucking amazing. In many ways. Many people think we've lost our ability to make things. Doesn't look like it here. I love motogp and fast bikes but these are just as amazing. Great site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm glad you like it. It's just a place to compile things that I like and also to share it with the like-minded.

      Delete
  2. Where did you find the last picture? Just curious because I can't identify the bike frame company. Custom
    fabrication?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see the detail here
      http://www.bikeexif.com/harley-davidson-sportster-custom-2

      Delete
  3. Amazing - simply amazing creations, an awful lot of skill, not to mention cash gone on some of these. I'm fascinated by the seat arrangement, or rather the springing. I've a rigid framed (1949) B33 BSA, which I'm getting round to bobbin' but I'd like a kind of cantilever seat set up, rather than two rear springs. I note there's one or two on here but can't make out the details close up. Any images from anyone to give me a few ideas would be appreciated. I'm in Lincoln, UK, and my e-mail is onearmedbandit@btinternet.com. Clarky's the name - used to be editor of Classic Bike Guide, Classic Racer, The Classic MotorCycle and other such shit.

    ReplyDelete